Arash Hashemi’s first career goal was to play basketball in the NBA. One day, when he was 14, a family friend commented that Arash would be a good lawyer and should pursue law. Something clicked in Arash’s head and from that day on he wanted to be a lawyer. He had no clue about the journey that lay ahead, but he was determined to get to the finish line. In December of 2002, Arash was officially sworn-in as an active member of The State Bar of California. The very next day Arash was in court, taking part in a bench trial. He established the Law Offices of Arash Hashemi on March 1, 2003.
Since that sacred day in December of 2002, Arash has handled a wide variety of criminal cases. Ranging from a simple petty theft to complicated felonies, including murder. He particularly enjoys and is experienced in cases that involve self-defense. Arash has also represented thousands of Californians accused of violating their probation or parole and has argued and practiced before the California Court of Appeals. Arash is admitted to practice before all California State Courts and the United States District Court for the Northern, Eastern, Central & Southern Districts of California. Arash is the host of the Podcast “Hashing Out the Law“ and volunteers on a regular basis at the Mesereau Free Legal Clinic, in South Los Angeles. During his free time, he enjoys playing basketball and photography.
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Notary Public Commission (Commission Number: 2302096)
Professional memberships (current and past)
- American Bar Association
- Criminal Courts Bar Association (Executive Board Member)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- California Public Defenders Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Century City Bar Association
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Culver Marina Bar Association
- Iranian American Bar Association
- Iranian American Lawyers Association (Past Board Member)
- J.D., University of La Verne College of Law, 2001
- B.A. in History, California State University, Northridge, 1998
- “General Web-Ads Fail to Aid Jurisdiction Where Targeting Was of Works, Not Forum”
To schedule a consultation with Arash about your criminal or self-defense case, please contact us at (310) 448-1529 or contact us online. Our office is conveniently located in the Westside Towers in Los Angeles, within minutes of Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Westwood, and steps away from the Expo/Bundy Station. We have flexible hours and weekend appointments, and we will visit you in jail to discuss your case.